||Strengthening of the Conciliation Machinerey/Enforcement Machineery/ Inspectorate of Factories/ Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Health Unit and Expansion of Rural Labour Welfare Centres, Puducherry.
|Object of The Scheme: Provides conciliation services to prevent and settle industrial disputes, quasi Judicial services to ensure industrial safety and health of the workers. The Inspectorate of Factories and Boilers ensures the compliance of safety provisions of Factories Act,1948, and Indian Boilers Act,1980.
||Strenthening of the Directorate of Employment and Training
|Object of The Scheme: The Department through the Employment and Training Wing, equips the youth with skills in Engineering and Non-Engineering trades in nine ITIs, to enhance their capacity and provide them with the opportunity to secure employment and address the skill gap in the Secondary and tertiary Sectors.
||Expansion and improvement of Govt.Industrial Training Institutes and setting up of new ITI's at Puducherry, Karaikal, Mahe and Yanam in the U.T. of Puducherry and Basic Training Scheme and Apprenticeship Training Scheme and Upgradation of ITI's into Centre of Excellance
|Object of The Scheme: To improve the quality of vocational Training and make it demand driven so as to ensure better employment of trained graduates, four ITIs, viz,,Government ITI(W),Puducherry , Government ITI (W), Karaikal, Government ITI, Nettapakkam, Puducherry and Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Government ITI,Yanam have been taken up for up-gradation in association with an industry partner under the scheme “Upgradation of 1396 Government ITIs through Public Private Partnership. 1500 Training places have been located 730 apprentices are engaged in various industries. Under Apprenticeship Act, 321 Establishment and 50 Trades are covered
||Puducherry Skill Development Society and Puducherry Unorganized Labourer’s Welfare Society.
|Object of The Scheme: The objectives of the Puducherry Urorganised Labourer’s Welfare Society are to provide for the following welfare measures to the unorganized labourers (hereinafter called the beneficiary) namely:-
The objectives of the Skill Development Society, Puducherry are to provide for the following Skill Development activities through PMKVY, NSQF compliant training courses, Job Fairs, Kaushal Mela (Skill Camp), etc.
- Introduction of Group Personal Accident Insurance Scheme
- Grant of financial assistance to the dependents on the death of a beneficiary
- Grant of financial assistance for the education and marriage of the son or daughter of a beneficiary
- Extension of maternity benefits to women beneficiaries
- Grant of financial assistance to the beneficiary suffering from major ailments for getting necessary medical treatment at any of the specialized hospitals approved by the Government
- To do all such lawful acts as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of the objectives of the Society
||Centralised Sponsored Schemes (CSS)
|Object of The Scheme: Under the ageis of GOI this department is implementing the following CSS with an object of providing skills to the youth of the UT of Puducherry and to empower employment among them
- Pradhan Mantri Kasushal Vikas Yojana(PMKVY)
- National Career Services Project (Mission Mode Project for interlinking of Employment Exchanges)
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme(NAPS)
- Setting up of Model Career Centre (MCC)
- Vocational Training Improvement Project (VTIP)
||Total (Revenue & Capital)
||General Building (Construction of Office Buildings)